Our Community-Based Program provides free peer support groups for children and training for professionals who work with bereaved children and families. This program is a mobile version of The Center provided within communities where children are unable to attend Center-Based groups due to a variety of barriers.
- 8 week peer support groups provide a sage outlet for grieving students during the school day
- Run in partnership with school staff
- Creative and activity-based curriculum for students K-12
- Provides normalization of the grief process and reduces feelings and isolation
- Consultations and support for school clinicians working with bereaved students
- Education and supportive meetings offered for parent community
- Postvention support following a death in the school community